torstai 20. maaliskuuta 2014

Self Tanning Experiment

 Hi!

It's been awhile since I have self tanned myself and last night I did it. 
My earlier attempts haven't been successful at all. Few years back I used self tanning gel and it was a splotchy mess, just horrible.

But this time I did everything by the book.


 I used a moisturizing body scrub, tanning applicator or tanning mitten and the self tanning product.


The scrub what I used was Erboristica, Velvety body Scrub
It has crushed apricot pits, olive oil and panthenol. It removes dead skin and makes your skin so so soft. Not oily, but soft. I scrubbed my knees, elbows and ankles with extra care so the tan wont stuck on the dry skin.


The tanner what I used was St. Moriz, Instant self tanning lotion
It says "A professional flawless tan for a golden sunkissed glow" and "Instant bronzing, no streaks, longer lasting, moisturizing" It has a mild perfumed smell, not bad at all. Nice and smooth texture, don't be afraid of the color. 
 
 
My mitten has a fuzzy side and a thin black side. These kind of tanning applicators are placed usually next or nearby the self tanning products.

The tanning process:

When I started to use the lotion and saw what color it was the first thing that popped in my head was "Oh sh---t..."
The lotion was almost black with a greenish tint. 
Well I gave it a go and I spread it all over my body. 
(Ask your friend, boyfriend, mom, sister or who ever to help you with your back)

I am a very very pale person and only my back, shoulders and arms, sometimes my stomach tans when I spend hours and hours under the sun. But still my legs stays white. 

After smearing it on, it looked very dark and again I started to doubt the whole thing. After little panicking I took normal body lotion and rubbed it gently on the places where the tanning lotion had piled up and blended the color out. 
Then I let it dry for a while and I got dressed in dark clothes.

It started to develop the self tanner smell after 30 min. I would say that the smell is pretty average. Not strong but you can smell it. The smell will stick to you clothes and bed sheets.

Then I went to sleep.

In the morning I went and checked the color on natural light. I was very pleased. Very sun kissed, golden bronze. I took a shower to rinse off the smell and excess product.
 
After shower the color was much smoother and the smell was gone. 


I think that the color is very natural and it's easy to go darker.

I didn't apply the product on my face or back of my hands. 
Here you can see the difference between my stomach and hand.


On my face I was thinking to use this product


It is a Louis Widmer Selftan for face and body
It's a clear/white lotion with a gradual tan.
 
Here was my successful self tanning experiment 

Have A nice day!

-Elina

(These are all my pictures and I purchased all these items by myself)

2 kommenttia:

  1. Mää oon käyttäny tota samaa spray versiona, ei ainakkaan kärsiny yhtään roiskua vettä päivään iholle tai jäi rantu, muuten oli tosi luonnollinen lopputulos!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Niissä on vissin n. 8h se kiinnitysaika. Ainaki suihkurusketuksen jälkeen pitää se 8 tuntia välttää kastumista. Mutta kun illalla laittaa ja ei riehu pool partyissa niin hyvin pysyy :D

      Poista